The days are just flying by. Can you believe Christmas is only a week away?
I'm not prepared at all this year. Normally I'm on top of my game, but this year it's just not happening.
All of the presents are NOT wrapped.
The four that are wrapped do not have bows on them yet....and it's a crime to have a present without a bow. My mother-in-law would die!
She's the queen of pretty bows on packages. The woman knows her bows.
I've really gotta get my stuff together. Having a new baby is not what it was years ago. Somehow I think I aged a bit and lost energy.
My get up and go, got up and went.
I'm still trying to organize my time better so I can have more time for baking.....and cookie decorating.
Today I made Santa's boots. Simple, just two colors.....black and gold.
Easy! and lately easy is what I need.
1. Roll out cookie dough and cut using a boot cutter. Cut a straight edge across the top. If you need a good cookie recipe you can find mine here.
2. Bake and let cool.
3. Outline and fill top of boot with 15 second black icing.
4. While icing is still wet pour sanding sugar on top. Allow icing to dry several hours then shake off excess.
6. Add gold buckle to bottom of shoe with gold piping icing.
7. While icing is still wet, sprinkle with gold disco dust. Allow to dry and then shake off excess disco dust.
8. With black piping icing and a #2 tip outline boot and add lace detail. Allow to dry.