Monday, March 26, 2012
Oh how I've missed my online friends. I've been stalking everyones cookie pages and WOW you guys have been so busy.
The only thing I've been busy with is online shopping. I've bought probably eight pairs of heels. I can't wear them right now, but what the heck right. I love heels and they'll be there after I have the baby and I can wear them again.
I think that's the one thing I miss the most being pregnant.....heels. Oh how I love heels. They make everything better.
When I was on bed rest I did have my husband put some heels on my feet, just so I could stare at them for a while. Yep, my husband puts up with a lot.
A WHOLE lot.
Well I got a good bit of baking done.....It's barefoot baking right now. It's amazing how many things I can't reach in the kitchen now. I may have to get a step stool to use for a while.
Well now that I'm back in the kitchen I know I have to get busy.....bee busy. So much to catch up with. Well I can't work as fast as bees do, but I can make some really cute bee cookies.
Sorry I don't have pictures of the step by step. Somehow they were erased off my memory card.
So it's just a step by step list for you today......not quite the same but you'll forgive me right?
First start out with a square scalloped cookie.
1. Outline and fill with white royal icing. Let dry 5-6 hours.
2. Place a medium sized bead of yellow royal icing. I used about 20 second icing. Let dry.
3. Place a small bead of black 20 second royal icing for the bee's head, right next to the yellow bead of icing. Let dry about 2 hours.
4. With black royal icing (outlining consistency) and a #1 tip pipe lines on the yellow bead for the bee's stripes. Then add wings and antennae.
5. Allow cookies to dry. Then eat and enjoy!